FRANKFURT, Nov 18 (Reuters) – German online bank N26 will shutter its U.S. operations, the lender said on Thursday, in the …….
More On RSS Feeds
- Meghan Markle Reportedly Got Her Wikipedia Page Changed After She Met Prince Harry - MarieClaire.com
- Madison names Morrison as the next Athletic Director effective immediately - 953wiki.com
- Sola Onayiga Wiki, Biography, Age, Husband, Death, Age, Parents, Kids, Family, Net Worth & More - News Unzip
- Pop Smoke Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Net worth, Parents, Siblings, Wiki, Biography & More - News Unzip
- Which Free Digital Marketing Course Is Right for You? - CMSWire
FRANKFURT, Nov 18 (Reuters) – German online bank N26 will shutter its U.S. operations, the lender said on Thursday, in the latest setback for one of Europe’s most valuable fintechs.
The bank, which has been under intense scrutiny by German regulators, said offerings in the United States would stop from Jan. 11.
It said it would “sharpen its focus on its European business”.
Earlier this month,the German financial regulator BaFin ordered online bank N26 to limit the number of customers it takes on and appointed a second special representative to monitor the bank.
In September, BaFin fined N26 for lapses in money laundering controls, following on from orders in May. read more
Reporting by Tom Sims; Editing by Maria Sheahan
Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.